Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My last night in Seattle

My flight leaves in 8 hours! Wow, I guess this is really going to happen...

I'm pretty exhausted from the scurrying around all day today and the
crazy late night last night of final emails and treating my clothes
with permethin. It is suppose to deter mosquitoes, gnats, chiggers,
ticks, etc. it was only after i probably inhaled half of the stuff I
was spraying on my clothes that I realized that this stuff is pretty
noxious. Shouldve sprayed that stuff weeks ago so my brain cells
couldve recuperated.

ANYWAYS.... I'm tired. But trying to do the blog thing....

True story: I'm an idiot and forgot that when you put everything you
own in storage and try to sleep on the couch, things like "blankets"
dont exist. Last night I used a towel and a sweatshirt to keep
"warm". Ghetto-fabulous til the end!

People keep asking me how I feel. Really how I feel is sort of
completely devoid of emotion right now, perhaps living in the
Himalayas will make me less cold-hearted.

I think I should take bets of when I will lose my marbles completely
and the tidal wave of emotions come out. I'm thinking itll be the
first time I have to milk a yak. No, just kidding. Thats one of the
things Im looking forward to doing. That and
slaughtering/skinning/cooking an animal and eating all the random
meals that come from random animal parts (not Andrew Zimmern crazy
though, I have (some) limits). Too macabre?

Oh wait, this blog post is suppose to have some sort of theme or
something. Or be remotely coherent. Instead its a bit ADD. Oh well.
I am what I am and I ams tired.

Sleep tight Seattle!

2 comments:

  1. So excited to follow the adventure. Will figure out when I can meet you to enjoy fabu meals! Try not to lick anyone while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely come visit! You should meet me in India in September and then take a multi-week trek over to Singapore with me ;)

    DAMMIT i didnt know about the licking thing. Thats why I was getting weird looks when I licked peoples faces instead of saying Namaste. DOH

    ReplyDelete