Monday, July 19, 2010

My announcement (via email 7/6)

It's probably time I give everyone an update on my going ons. I've been losing track of who I've already talked about my next few months and year, which is basically because I'm an idiot :)

Although grad school has been filled with such joys of endless problem sets, exams, long nights, and much frustration, I've decided to take my Masters and run, meaning I'm on a potentially indefinite sabbatical from my phd program.

That means its time for fun!

I leave Seattle on July 20th for a 2 month trip to India. For the first few days, I'll be in Dehli (recommendations for places to stay, things to see etc, much appreciated). Then, I'm traveling up to Ladakh via Manali, where I'll be at a homestay for the month of August. Plans in September are completely up in the air, just like me since I'll be in the middle of the Himalayas.

Even though I have a return ticket to Seattle on September 20th, I'm skipping out on it. Instead, I'm taking door number 2 and going to...

Singapore!

I'll be in Singapore for a whole year working with a professor (and friend who graduated from UW a couple years ago) at the National University of Singapore on a project with the United Nations to project city urbanization.

My current address and cell number will be obsolete in a couple weeks.
Relevant contact info:

1.234.CHUNN55 (1.234.248.6655) -- Google voice number that I will be checking regularly. My 206 number will disappear at the end of July

Skype ID: jenchunn

US address:
c/o Jeanie Chunn (kick-ass-sister and soon-to-be-mail-trafficker)
XXXXX
Seattle, WA 98122

So. yep, thats what I'm up to these days. Come visit Singapore or anywhere else in SE Asia!

Cheers,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!!! Good luck and remember to update your blog!!

    love!

    ReplyDelete